Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macro trends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 110,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
A co-op in the Honeywell Intelligrated Product Development group experiences many job functions including mechanical design, product testing and evaluation, drawing production and revisions, bill of material creation and maintenance, and field inspection of installed systems.
Co-ops are introduced to the process of developing designs from conception through product launch. In this position, you will provide engineering support on design projects with other Product Development team members. The team regularly works cross-functionally and interfaces with customers, vendors, manufacturing, and quality to improve and develop new parts.
- Design components and sub-systems that form parts of complex systems
- Use engineering experience for a mix of product development, improvement, and testing
- Analyze data to determine if design meets function and performance specifications
- Utilize your engineering capabilities to support projects in a variety of markets
- Create and maintain items and BOM structure
YOU MUST HAVE
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Must be able to participate in a co-op prior to completing current degree program
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good people skills and the ability to work effectively with other organizations and individuals at all levels
- Broad technical background in areas such as CAD design systems, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, physics, and/or electro-mechanical design and control system development
- Work well as a member of a team and must adapt well to a changing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and a desire to broaden skills and experience
- Eager to help and offers help when tasks are presented
Honeywell Intelligrated is a leading, single-source provider of automated material handling solutions and intelligent software that drive fulfillment productivity for retailers, manufacturers and logistics providers around the world. Through a broad portfolio of automation equipment, warehouse execution system software, services and support, our solutions give businesses a competitive edge in increasingly complex commerce and fulfillment environments
**Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.**