Hopeland is a non-profit based in New York City that aims to ensure a family for every child and provide support for children separated from safe, loving families by preventing family separation, encouraging reunification, promoting adoption, and offering other support solutions. Our primary role is to intentionally connect people and organizations across different sectors – we serve as a platform that connects service-delivery partners and incubates innovation to launch initiatives that amplify measurable impact and promote the ideal of a family.
Hopeland is currently looking for a Summer 2021 intern with strategic development experience to support the organization’s growth and program development. Hopeland programs aim to address the needs of children separated or at risk of separation from their families by delivering first-of-their-kind solutions along with our technology, government, and private sector service-delivery partners. Successful interns have the possibility of working either remotely or in person on a part-time basis during the rest of the year.
Expected time commitment: 10-20h a week; flexible around other obligations
Important Note: Hopeland will be conducting internships remotely with the possibility of commuting to the office as NYC guidelines allow. Interns outside of the New York City area that will only be able to work remotely are also encouraged to apply.
This is UNPAID. Students are strongly advised to consult with academic faculty to determine if this meets eligibility standards for academic credit.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021
Application Materials: Please include a resume and most recent unofficial transcript with your application
· Assist Hopeland’s Campaign Director in developing, screening, and conducting outreach for potential programs to further the organizations primary ambitions
· Support day-to-day operational needs of the organization, including participating in programmatic brainstorming sessions, contributing to feasibility/implementation analysis, and creating takeaway reports
· Create and update impact reports for Hopeland’s previous and ongoing programs and advocacy efforts
· Research and develop outreach strategy for relevant fundraising or other public engagement opportunities
· Support Operations Manager with donor and fundraising activities, including researching opportunities, outreach, follow-up, and tracking
· Develop and design new material, as well as update existing content, for strategic development needs
· Manage and update messaging on Hopeland’s website
· Ensure all externally-facing content aligns to and strengthens brand
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Basic design and layout skills in PowerPoint and Word to create flyers and other program material (InDesign knowledge a plus)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Passionate about Hopeland’s Purpose and Mission
· Cross-cultural competence and understanding
· Professional demeanor, particular over Zoom, email, phone
· Team player
· Ability to work independently with strong time management and communication skills
· Self-driven: able to initiate, plan, and prioritize work
Preferred Class Level:
- Juniors, Seniors, and Post-Graduate students
Prior strategic development or operational experience at an NGO or corporation (preferred), or as part of club-responsibilities