We are currently looking for experienced candidates to join our Administrative Team this summer. As a member of our Administrative Team, you would be responsible for providing high-quality customer service to our camp families, campers, and other staff members. You will work in a supportive team environment to further your experience in communications, business, and/or marketing. You will also get the opportunity to work with like-minded people and some amazing campers in the beautiful Adirondacks for the summer!
Admin team role outside of the office.
- Lives in a cabin with a group of 10-15 children ( 8yrs – 16yrs old) and with 2-3 (19yrs + old) co-counselors.
- Act as a leader, guide, helper, and positive role model with your group of assigned campers.
- Maintains maximum safety for all campers at all times.
- Participates in all daily camp activities when not scheduled to work in the office.
- Establishes an individual relationship with each camper.
- Puts the needs of the campers before those of yourself.
- Establishes with campers the way we do things in the daily routine of bunk cleanliness, personal hygiene, sleep, and rest.
- Help campers develop life skills including independence, cooperation, responsibility & perseverance.
- Will know and observe camp policies.
- Participates in pre-camp training and weekly staff meetings with Directors/Head Counselor.
As an Ideal Candidate, you possess the following skills and competencies:
- Experience working with children between the ages 7-16;
- Experience working and collaborating with your peers;
- Experience in customer service or office administration positions
- A positive and resilient attitude;
- The ability to receive and deliver constructive feedback; and
- The desire and capacity to have a fun, active summer in the Adirondack region of Upstate New York.