Are you deeply analytical, great with Excel, and looking to grow your career in the world of Supply Chain?? Then we have a role for you!
Our Demand team is seeking a Demand Planner to develop and execute demand forecast while playing an integral part in the success of our growing business. This position will be based in our Warren, NJ location. The Demand Planner will report directly to the Director of Inventory and Demand Planning, helping to manage day-to-day operational functions as well as support the internal planning process for both the US and Canada businesses. Our ideal candidate has strong analytical and forecasting skills, is flexible, able to multi-task, and has the aptitude and desire to learn. HGUSA’s Demand Planner is a proactive and strategic thinker who can anticipate needs and strives to make our company better while growing professionally.
- Forecasting customer demand using POS, shipment history, and Supply Plan while maintaining customer service goals for in stock and fill rate.
- Create feasible demand plans minimizing costs and air freight.
- Effectively plan new product launches and product transitions.
- Manage excess and obsolete inventory with the target of reducing the levels of non-active inventory.
- Analyze product performance, monitor demand, and adjust forecasts to establish inventory levels that drive sales and maximize profitability.
- Develop sound department and class level plans; re-forecast in season based on current trend.
- Collaborate in all actions to improve customer service, quality, and cost required by any other area of the company.
- Work closely with all other operational areas (sales, marketing, imports, warehousing, compliance, engineering and quality) to coordinate smooth efficient performance.
- Prepare all necessary reports for other areas of the company.
- Interact with customers as a business partner that enables the company’s smooth business and growth.
- Previous Demand/Supply Planning experience, preferably in a Consumer Product/Retail environment is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills. Must work effectively in a customer service-oriented team environment with Marketing, Sales, Finance, Supply, Warehouse and Demand Planning.
- Ecommerce experience is a plus, but not required.
- Strong analytical skills needed to review and action POS and Shipment sales
- Detailed working knowledge of MRP/DRP and inventory management systems.
- Ability to use ERP systems as well as Microsoft Office applications.
- Working with computerized forecasting modules strongly preferred.
- Consumer goods products background and/or working with major US retailers a plus.
- Professional approach to problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively in a cross-functional environment with other planners, customers, vendors, sales and marketing, and other personnel.
- Efficient and organized, strong work ethic, energetic and outgoing.
*Please note – this is a hybrid opportunity with some days working in our Warren, NJ location and some days working remotely.