HSS Education Institute Academic Training Department Student Intern Position
The HSS Education Institute enables the most discerning students, consumers, physicians and
researchers to advance their knowledge and skill, unleashing new possibilities in musculoskeletal
care and performance in every corner of the globe.
The Academic Training Department prepares Medical Students, Residents and Fellows for careers in
musculoskeletal medicine and related disciplines. The hospital’s training programs are designed to
help these trainees become adept in these areas of musculoskeletal medicine and also allow them to
master the patient relations skills that are at the heart of the practice of humanistic medicine.
The Academic Student Intern will provide direct support to the Director of GME, Curriculum and
Evaluation in the Academic Training Department. The Curriculum and Evaluation team is responsible
for implementing and evaluating educational programming for residents as well as to ensure that the
orthopaedic residency program meets accreditation standards. This position will be fully remote.
The intern will primarily assist in the following areas:
• Review and gather 10 years of orthopaedic residency program in preparation for a 2021 site
• Prepare for the residents’ Surgical Games program
• Assist with evaluation software, Medhub
• Maintaining the accuracy of resident files
• Maintain data reports on medical student programs
• Assist with the resident research milestones
• Help maintain efficiency of the office by participating in the operational activities of the
• Research experience
• Great communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
• Genuine interest in support of medical training and education
• Ability to commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week on weekdays for at least 3 months; Monday
through Friday only from 9am to 5pm.
• TBD – February 2021 start and agreed upon end date
Small Stipend or Course credit available may be offered (on a case by case basis) Undergraduate
upperclassmen and graduate students are encouraged to apply
Email Resume and Cover Letter to:
KARLA FELIX, PhD
Director, GME Curriculum and Evaluation, Academic Training HSS I HSS Education Institute
535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021