The Public Affairs department focuses on maximizing Hudson Institute’s presence in online, TV, and print media outlets by promoting Hudson experts and their work, putting on successful public events, leveraging new media to amplify our impact in DC and across the globe, and much more.
Duties for the Public Affairs department’s Spring 2022 intern include, but are not limited to:
- assisting with media research and media lists;
- drafting social media content;
- promoting Hudson publications;
- reviewing and editing draft materials;
- assisting with Hudson’s multimedia operations;
- assisting with public event operations; and
- participating in the general work of the Public Affairs team.
Graduate or undergraduate students working towards a degree in government, communications, public relations, public policy, marketing, or similar fields are encouraged to apply. Recent college graduates are also eligible to apply. Ideal candidates will be self-starters with excellent attention to detail, strong analytical reading and writing skills, and have the capacity to consume and synthesize news from major outlets on a daily basis. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, and multimedia a plus.
How to Apply:
Please upload a cover letter, resume, and short, relevant writing sample (2-3 pages) in a single .pdf file. Due to the large number of applications that we receive, we regret that we can only contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview.