Graphic Design Manager
Reports to: Senior Director of Integrated Media
Hudson River Park Trust (the “Trust”) seeks a dynamic Graphic Design Manager to provide design expertise, and oversee branding initiatives for the Trust, and to support multiple Park departments with signage and graphics needs to be applied in various media.
The Trust is a public benefit corporation created by act of the New York State Legislature and a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. The mission of the Trust is to construct, maintain and operate a prominent, and very heavily used, four-mile-long waterfront park on the west side of Manhattan. The Park features landscaped public piers and display gardens, lawn areas, ecological planting zones, athletic fields, esplanades, docks, public sculptures and other special features. There are, in addition, commercial use and Park maintenance structures including concessions, rental buildings and Pier 40 which houses a large parking garage and the administrative and operating headquarters of the Trust. The Trust covers its $21+ million annual operating budget through parking revenue, rents from commercial facilities, permits, fees, grants, donations generated by a “Friends” organization and other private sources. The majority of the Park has been constructed with a mix of State, City and Federal capital funding and the Trust has just begun construction on two additional large new park areas.
Responsibilities and Requirements
– Design and produce print, digital and video collateral for the Park
Overall responsibility for managing, advancing, adapting as needed and applying the Park’s various brands.
▪ Marketing materials, educational materials, wayfinding and safety signage, website/social media content, event collateral, uniforms, sponsorship materials, internal documents, compliance materials, digital and print advertising
o Develop design strategies for Park marketing
▪ Conceptualize new methods of implementing Park brand, expand visual themes of Park’s event marketing
o Oversee appropriate application of Park, Trust, River Project and other Park-related brands
– Hudson River Park Trust administrative duties
o Procurement and Park Signage
collaborate with department heads on identifying Park signage needs and identifying solutions for such needs/
▪ Manage the workflow of purchasing and procurement of signage
▪ Prepare materials for procurement and Project Management
▪ Process creative work orders for all graphic collateral, manage workflow, collect necessary assets from departments requesting work
▪ Coordinate with signage consultants as needed to manage project timelines, printing/fabrication, branded needs, print collateral and Park signage, meetings, site visits
▪ Coordinate with printers to manage timeline, invoices, contracts
▪ Coordinate with Facilities and Operations departments to ensure proper measurements and installation
▪ Oversee one staff member
o Finance and Budget
▪ Manage RFP processes and budgets for graphics and printing (track invoices, coordinate with department heads on budgets)
▪ Aid in procurement process by gathering necessary paperwork, securing quotes, analyzing and writing project scopes of projects, comparing bids and work requests
– Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and balance multiple projects and responsibilities
– Strong portfolio demonstrating deep knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: specifically In-Design, Photoshop and Illustrator
– Ability to take initiative, problem-solve and effectively communicate with a positive attitude
– Outstanding work ethic and attention to detail, typography and pixel perfection
– Fluency in formatting digital assets for social media and web platforms
– Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in office environment
– Professionalism while acting as liaison between departments and with outside contractors
Competitive annual salary of $50,000 – $55,000, (dependent upon qualifications), an excellent benefits package including: paid holidays, vacation time, sick and personal time, medical, dental and vision coverage, and participation in New York State Pension System.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter outlining their interest in this position, a resume and portfolio link to: the Director of Human Resources at email@example.com. Indicate Job Code: HRPT GDM 2021 in the subject line of the email.
No phone calls please.
More information on Hudson River Park is available at: www.hudsonriverpark.org
The Hudson River Park Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org