Web Content Administrator
Reports to: Senior Director of Integrated Media
The Web Content Administrator is responsible for content and web page creation, maintenance and upkeep of the organization’s website and adhere to the organization’s brand, rules, goals and priorities.
The Trust is a public benefit corporation created by act of the New York State Legislature and a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. The mission of the Trust is to construct, maintain and operate a prominent, and very heavily used, four mile long waterfront park on the west side of Manhattan. The Park features landscaped public piers and display gardens, lawn areas, ecological planting zones, athletic fields, esplanades, docks, 400-acre River Sanctuary, public sculptures and other special features. There are, in addition, commercial use and Park maintenance structures including concessions, rental buildings and the 775,000 sf Pier 40 which houses a large parking garage and the administrative and operating headquarters of the Trust. The Trust covers its $30+ million annual operating budget through parking revenue, rents from commercial facilities, permits, fees, grants, donations generated by a “Friends” organization and other private sources. Approximately 80% of the Park has been constructed with a mix of State, City and Federal capital funding.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
● Coordinate the display of over 900 pages of content, including but not limited to content design, development and production through WordPress (CMS)
● Collaborate with Senior Director of Integrated Media, Public Programs, River Project and Digital Communications to plan and develop site content, style and layout
● Organize weekly website meetings discussing updates and changes
● Responsible for all content publishing, including testing and copy editing all pages prior to going live
● Create Google Analytics reports each week, including analyzing website traffic, user engagement metrics, and other Key Performance Indicators for reporting and informing data-based content decisions
● Integrate digital analytics reporting across web, social media and email platforms to support a greater understanding of the Park’s digital audience
● Review existing content for SEO best practices, make recommendations and implementing optimized content across existing and new content
● Conducting keyword research on content pages to support SEO goals and inform Google Ads strategy
● Source photos that match optimal display dimensions for current and new pages
● Responsible for ensuring all photo, video and other media assets hosted on site are tagged and indexed appropriately
● Work with the Legal department to complete reviews of website and updates based on feedback
● Work on special projects with internal teams, including integrating best practices for sponsor representation on website, assistance with report production and writing /copy editing content.
● Support web integration of live, virtual programming
● Keep current on latest web trends and developments
● Oversee appropriate application of Park, Trust, Friends and River Project brands
● Work closely with our external web agency for updates to server, CMS and any errors needing to be addressed to keep the website operational.
● Update internal intranet site (Sharepoint) with interesting images and content when available
Desired Skills and Technical Proficiencies:
● Bachelor’s Degree in computer science preferred or certification in web development
● 2+ years experience in web design, development and content creation
● Proven experience with WordPress (CMS) and with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Premiere Pro
● Proven experience using Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
● Knowledge of SEO & UX principles, web standards and accessibility guidelines
● Knowledge of Bootstrap, Crazy Egg, MailChimp and Asana, a plus
● Strong interpersonal, verbal communication and narrative writing skills
● Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
● Strong analytical skills (understand key metrics)
● Very strong organizational and project management skills
● Detail oriented, resourceful, proactive, takes initiative
● Ability to build strong, working relationships across teams
Competitive salary of $50,000 – $60,000 annually depending upon qualifications. Excellent benefits package including: paid holidays, vacation time, sick and personal time, transportation allowance or parking options, medical, dental and vision insurance, and participation in New York State Pension System.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter demonstrating their interest in the position and a resume to the Director of Human Resources at email@example.com. Indicate Job Code: 2021 Web Content in the subject line of the email.
No phone calls please.
More information on the Hudson River Park is available at:
The Hudson River Park Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org