The Human Rights Campaign is America’s largest civil rights organization working to achieve LGBTQ+ equality. By inspiring and engaging individuals and communities, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBTQ+ people and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.
The Human Rights Campaign envisions a world where lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people are ensured equality and embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community.
The Human Rights Campaign is seeking engaging, passionate interns for Spring 2022. We have various different internships available across departments. View available internships and APPLY here.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ+ people, to join our team.
● Research policies impacting the LGBTQ+ community
● Assist with data entry projects
● Communicate with our members and partners through email and social media
● Help execute large scale HRC events
● Attend departmental meetings and all staff meetings
● Provide general administrative support
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive)
● Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
● Ability to prioritize many projects and meet deadlines
● Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal communication, small-group communication, verbal communication, and written communication
● Receive education on LGBTQ+ and civil rights issues
● Obtain a better understanding of politics
● Learn the ins and outs of a non-profit
● Accessible networking opportunities
● This internship will be fully remote and paid.
● Part-time and full-time opportunities available.
● Applicants must 1.) be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program OR 2.) be currently enrolled in a graduate program OR 3.) have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program within the past six months.