humanID (www.human-id.org) is an ambitious open source project, aiming to preserve online privacy, stop fake news and end cyber-bullying.
The team includes several Harvard & MIT graduate students, as well as senior engineers, cyber-security experts and experienced entrepreneurs.
humanID is an anonymous, nonprofit and open-source online identity, replacing Social Sign-Ins (SSOs) such as ‘Login with Facebook’. The login enables complete privacy at full convenience. No password, no data stored. At the same time, we enable communities to block bots and abusive users.
humanID launched in July after 18 months of research and development, and experts from MIT, NATO and Google have confirmed the huge potential in fighting back social media manipulation, fake news and data leaks.
What we’re looking for:
We are a volunteer-driven nonprofit where interns take over real responsibilities and experience a true tech startup, with a strong focus on your individualized learning goals! During this summer, interns from Harvard, MIT, Berkeley and Columbia were leading teams, initiatives, sales calls and much more.
All roles will work directly with the founders, 2 recent HBS graduates based in Cambridge. We’re a small team and will ensure that roles and tasks are adjusted to your specific learning objectives.
* Outreach to foundations, donors and possible clients (via messages, NO cold calls!)
* Build a CRM to track and streamline outreach
* Learn how to relationships with promising leads, and build valuable connections
2) Research & Marketing
* Research and learn about the privacy and online misinformation space
* Manage content creation on Social Media
* Create and distribute high quality content, including podcasts with experts in the field
* Learn how to build relationships online with key decision makers and become a thought leader in the industry
3) Software development (Seniors and Graduate students only)
* Work with experienced engineers building a sophisticated cyber security project
* Add value from day one while working and launch features within first two months
* Write code that will become part of the internet’s core infrastructure!
Roles can be part-time or full-time, and will be unpaid, no academic credit is given. You will take on significant responsibility and make a direct positive impact! We are actively recruiting year round for applicants that can commit at least 15 hours a week for 3 months.
You’ll be working in real startup environment, and be able to build connections across the tech and philanthropic world. We’ve built an awesome team and a product that can change the world! Reach out to email@example.com to chat, or find more info below:
We have been remote and globally setup even before the recent events, and welcome team members from anywhere.