Join helpNYC as a Volunteer Social Media Manager!
About helpNYC: helpNYC is a peer driven community initiative that educates, advocates for, and provides direct services to people who are in need. We promote human rights, social justice, and social and economic opportunity. We believe people are the experts in their own lives.
helpNYC seeks applicants for the position of Volunteer Social Media Manager. The successful candidate filling the role of Social Media Manager will be passionate about advocacy and believe in supporting the dignity of individuals.
The Social Media Manager will support helpNYC in their mission by expanding their reach to help more New Yorkers get access to the help and support they deserve. helpNYC is a peer driven community initiative that educates, advocates for, and provides direct services to people who are in need. We promote Human Rights, Social Justice, and social and economic opportunities. Our belief that people are the experts in their own lives is the essence of our work.
What you will be doing
- Establish and maintain the organization’s social media calendar
- Working in tandem with the Communications Manager ensure brand consistency across all communication streams
- Creating consistent, meaningful content on all social media streams, including writing, and editing social media posts, improving engagement, and promoting social media campaigns
- Communicating with social media followers
- Exploring opportunities with influencers
- Use analytical tools to make recommendations and communication presence and engagement
- Preparing monthly communications reports for leadership
- Make suggestions on how to optimize the organization’s use of communications
- Build the culture and role of the position within the organization
- Build and define the position’s capacity and identify funding opportunities.
- Performing other duties when needed
- Bachelor’s degree or High School diploma and vocational experience in related field preferred
- Ideal candidate has cultural and societal competency
- Through knowledge of communications, publicity, and marketing management and strategy.
- 3 or more years of experience planning and managing content in a corporate or agency setting, nonprofit organization experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language. Multilingual skills preferred.
- Excellent knowledge, understanding, and experience with Google Workspace and other Google development tools; Mailchimp and other mass communication tools.
- Knowledge of remote working best practices and etiquette.
- Personal computer and reliable internet connection.
Time Commitment: 10 hours per week minimum. The successful candidate can choose to work one day M-F for 10 hours or two days M-F for 5 hours each
- Training for this position will be provided
- This position will be part of a collaborative effort on the Development Team
- Acknowledgement of Service and Certificate of Recognition
- Networking opportunities
Application: Applicants should submit a resume, and a cover letter or writing sample to Erika at email@example.com.