HVEA Engineers is a recognized leader in the Transportation Engineering field located in the Hudson Valley. We are noted for both providing the highest quality technical work and our consistent performance in responding to our clients’ needs and interest. Our reputation reflects excellence in our commitment to accuracy, professional expertise an exemplary client service.
HVEA provides a range of services including design and construction inspection of transportation infrastructure, consulting and construction material testing services.
We have exciting internship and co-op opportunities to support our Construction Materials Testing group. As an HVEA intern or co-op student you will gain valuable professional experience and will be provided with hands on training to work in the lab and in the field under the supervision of Licensed Professional Engineers and Senior Testing Technicians. You will be provided with meaningful assignments in the lab/field which will give you a sense of accomplishment, and real life experiences in the field of Engineering. HVEA will also provide you with the opportunity to gain certifications including OSHA 10, Nuclear Density Gauge User, and ACI Field Technician Grade 1 to keep after your internship/co-op experience has ended.
Primary Responsibilities include the following:
• Perform routine field and/or laboratory tests as directed.
• Provide assistance to other field/lab technicians as required.
• Field compaction testing, sampling and observation of soils and aggregate utilizing nuclear density gauges.
• Perform concrete, grout, and masonry quality control tests through sampling and visual observation, performing slump, air, unit weight and temperature tests as well as cast specimens for compressive and flexural strength testing.
• Daily communication with site contractors, agency representatives, other technicians and project managers.
• Assist with the completion of accurate and detailed field testing reports and/or diagrams.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management or related degree.
• Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail.
• Basic computer skills to document daily activities.
• Capability of effectively working with project team members.
- Valid Drivers License
- Access to a vehicle on a daily basis to go to and from project work sites in such case company vehicles are not available.
The position requires individuals to work in potentially dangerous surroundings, sometimes in inclement weather conditions including rain. They must have the ability to lift to 50 pounds, walk and stand for extended periods of time.
This position may require the regular operation of a motor-vehicle, which may require remaining stationary for extended periods of time.
HVEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.