The Hyatt Centric Key West is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to join our amazing team. The Hyatt Centric is centrally located within Old Town and a short stroll to the lively Duval Street.
The Human Resources Coordinator will assist with greeting all visitors, employees and applicants while maintaining the day-to-day administrative function of a highly active Human Resources office. Responsibilities will include maintenance of incoming calls, walk in inquiries, special projects, coordination of employee relations events, maintenance of the office environment including administrative responsibilities and assisting with general benefit issues. Additionally this person will support and assist with recruiting, payroll, new hire orientation, maintaining files and providing support for the employment process.
Job Duties Include:
- Complete payroll each Monday by noon in the timekeeping system, Kronos
- Posting open jobs to local partners & Hyatt website
- Recruiting and screening candidates
- Making job offers for all hourly roles
- New hire paperwork and hiring in the HR system, EIS
- Upkeep of electronic employee files
- New hire orientation training
- Exit interviews and separation paperwork
- Entering employment changes in HR system
- Upkeep of hotel first aid kits
- Ensuring driver compliance
- Purchasing office supplies, event décor, and other office needs
- Creatively celebrating colleagues – quarterly receptions, annual banquet, monthly care card drawing, and more!
The right person for this position will have a caring, positive attitude and a warm smile. You’ll take the initiative to learn more, and be great at multi-tasking as well as have an eye for detail!
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren’t just met-they’re exceeded. It’s a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. Development opportunities and career path options are endless with Hyatt; there is virtually no limit to where your ambition can take you in our world-class organization. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
Full-time colleagues are eligible for benefits including health, dental, & vision insurance, 401k + company match, tuition and wellness reimbursement, discounted and complimentary rates on Hyatt’s across the world, free meals & parking during shifts, + more!
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
Hyatt is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
- This position is located in Key West, FL. Must be located in the area or ready to relocate.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Refined verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with guests, colleagues and applicants
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge and creating flyers with a creative flair
- Candidates should be detail oriented and organized
- One year of previous administrative experience preferred
- Must have availability Monday through Friday for an 8 hour AM shift