Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
These Co-op openings are for 6 months full time employment ( Start/End date estimates May-June 2022-Dec 2022).As an Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) co-op you will work with a well-rounded team to own a project throughout the internship. You will be paired with experienced architects and developers for guidance daily to guide you in the architecture and production ready code practices. Placement as an co-op will be within one of the following functional groups in EPM.
Office locations for this internship are available in: Research Triangle Park, NC and Armonk, NY
- Work with stakeholders and others in a multidisciplinary team to define requirements and develop the end to end solution.
- Be responsible for the full DevOps implementation of Production ready code from inception through delivery and production readiness.
- Practice the Agile methodology of software delivery, where your team will completely rely on all team members. Therefore, every team member will be performing all tasks in the day in the life of software delivery. This includes daily stand-ups, iteration planning, and retrospectives.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Currently pursuing a college degree in Computer Science or in another closely related degree program.
- Knowledge and/or experience in software development.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Full-stack development experience (using frameworks such as React, AngularJS and NodeJS)
• Experience with Cloud base architecture (for example: IBM Cloud or AWS development).
• Experience with DevOps.
• Exposure to Agile development methodologies
• Experience with data analysis and reporting.
Currently enrolled student at an accredited college/university.