Back End Software Developer Co-op : 2021 (Security)
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
THE START DATE FOR THIS POSITIONS IS JANUARY 2021 (8 to 12 months)
Flexibility to work either Full-Time or Part-Time
Location: Remote or Cambridge, MA
*Please note that due to local Cambridge conditions, the team is working remotely – Co-op will have the option of working from the office if conditions improve
IBM Resilient’s mission is to help organizations thrive in the face of any cyber-attack or business crisis. Our award-winning Incident Response Platform (IRP) empowers security teams to analyze, respond to and mitigate incidents faster, smarter and more efficiently. Resilient is fast becoming the industry standard solution for incident response. The IRP integrates all other security technologies into a single hub and provides easy workflow customization and process automation. Armed with Resilient, security teams can have best-in-class response capabilities. We are growing rapidly and are looking for a highly motivated, dynamic, talented individual to join our Integration team as a Back End Developer Co-Op.
As a Back End Developer Co-Op, your primary goal is to develop integrations that enable the successful adoption of the Resilient platform by our customers. You will work closely with Customer Success and the Engineering team to provide customer solutions that drive engagement with the Resilient Systems platform.
Back-End Developer Co-Op’s:
• Are experienced with client-server architectures, networking protocols, application development, and using databases.
• Have experience using and developing APIs.
• Understand user and system requirements
• Have an understanding of, or experience with, Agile development methodology.
What You’ll Do:
• Develop, test, deploy and document integration code for data and process flow between Resilient and other applications, including: incident and task management, data query and enrichment, reporting, and complex workflow routing.
• Qualify, prioritize, and close technical customer problems.
• Champion technical issues/features for customers, and work closely with the engineering team to deliver enhancements in the product and SDKs.
• Be an evangelist for the Resilient Systems integration APIs. Develop elegant and readable proof-of-concept demonstrations and code samples.
Who You Are:
• You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products.
• You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
• You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
• You have a basic understanding of software development and programming languages.
• You have the ability to learn new skills quickly and use the skills efficiently.
For more information about IBM Security, please visit: https://www.ibm.com/security
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Software development experience in either Java or Python, using application servers, relational databases, and message queues
- Experience developing integration solutions with web service APIs using REST/JSON
- Ability to install 3rd party applications in a Linux environment
- Ability to learn quickly and deliver quality code through Agile development methodologies
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with ticketing and workflow applications, enterprise security systems such as SIEMs
- Experience with other languages (e.g. Ruby, Groovy, Go)
- Strong application and infrastructure knowledge; e.g. Tomcat, PostgreSQL, SAML, IMAP, LDAP, Active Directory, SSO.
- Development Environment knowledge in Linux, bash shell programming, git, gradle, virtual machines and Docker.
- Working knowledge of Networking concepts (firewalls, DNS, IP addressing, SSL/TLS and certificates).
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.