Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
THIS IS A FULL-TIME CO-OP POSITION FROM JANUARY – AUGUST 2021
LOCATION: AUSTIN, TX
The IBM Security Support Knowledge Management team has several initiatives underway. The successful candidate will incubate new ideas, be part of a collaborative team, and see the impact of your results on client success. We seek an individual with relevant skills and a keen awareness of current social platforms, and sharp social business sensibilities. Bring us your interest in, experience with, and affinity for social media, and we will help you develop your career in the crucial field of software security.
The role includes analysis of customer histories to determine Support content needs of the business, followed by production and promotion of appropriate documents and multimedia resources, then closing the loop by monitoring usage patterns of those Client Self Assist materials, in order to use such insights to strategize for continued enhancements to the Security Support business.
As a Content and Client Engagement Specialist Co-op, you will:
- Work in an agile, collaborative environment with a dedicated team to curate and promote technical content for our highly valued customers
- Produce video content in partnership with Support’s subject matter experts
- Conducting Social Business assessments
- Analyze data to identify opportunities for promoting useful content and for retiring obsolete content
- Visualizing data, then providing insights and recommendations that are actionable by internal stakeholders
- Host Webinars, Blog, Monitoring Forum, and establish programs of Support newsletter to clients
- Assist in the automation of knowledge base administration tasks
- Edit and publish technical notes of troubleshooting and FAQ nature
Who you are:
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products
- You thrive on teamwork, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have a basic understanding of software development and programming languages
- Thorough and analytical, with the capability to apply logic to solve problems
- Ability to manage time and prioritize your work based on project needs and deadlines
- Drive to overcome challenging obstacles and look for ways to improve results
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Mastery of social media – Twitter, LinkedIn
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) – spreadsheet applications with pivot table manipulation
- Understanding of Database Technologies
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Video creation/editing skills (e.g. Camtasia)
- Knowledge of Moodle open-source learning management platform
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.