Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities THIS POSITION IS FOR A CO’OP THE IDEAL DURATION WILL BE JANUARY THROUGH MID-AUGUST OR MID-MAY THROUGH DECEMBER FULL TIME. [THIS WOULD REQUIRE YOU TO TAKE A SEMESTER OFF OF SCHOOL] HOWEVER, PART TIME (20 HOURS) DURING SPRING/FALL 2022 SEMESTERS WHILE WORKING FULL-TIME IN THE SUMMER WILL BE CONSIDERED.
As an Front End Developer Intern you:
- Have passion and experience for building responsive, elegant and engaging experiences with future friendly web technologies.
- Work closely with designers to take wireframes from conception to implementation and design and improve user interfaces
- Work with the IBM Design System to implement UIs
- Are skilled in UI Development technologies such as HTML, CSS, JSON and API usage
- Have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Design Thinking Methodology
- Have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Agile development methodology
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
- You’ll employ IBM’s Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
- At the nexus of engineering and design, you will be instrumental in bringing industry-defining software products, cloud services and web applications to users around the world.
Who You Are:
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products.
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You have a basic understanding of software development and programming languages.
These are office based positions in IBM locations including the following. Opportunities in these locations will vary based on demand & will be deleted as filled:CA – San Jose
MA – Littleton
MN – Rochester
NC – Research Triangle Park
TX – Austin
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Familiarity with one or more automation testing framework
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of Backbone.js, Angular.js, React, Ember.js, Bootstrap, Node.js, and JQuery
Key Job Details
- City:Multiple Cities
- Category:Software Development & Support
- Required Education:High School Diploma/GED
- Position Type:Intern
- Employment Type:Full-Time
- Contract Type:Internship
- Company:(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
- Req ID:451466BR