At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Start Date: January or February 2022 (8-12 month term)
Location: Remote Start – position will be based in Cambridge, MA during summer 2022
The Guardium team is seeking a Technical Content Co-op to join us! The IBM Guardium Data Security platform provides the most widely used solution for monitoring and securing corporate information and preventing information leaks from enterprise databases and Big Data environments. The Guardium platform monitors and prevents unauthorized or suspicious activities by privileged insiders, potential hackers, and end-users of enterprise applications.
- What You’ll Do:Create high-quality technical documentation: learn the product, create draft content and drive reviews with experts, learn IBM publication systems.
- Work with development teams to make the product easier to understand and use: design progressive disclosure, clarify difficult UIs, provide all UI strings, messages, and embedded assistance.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure consistency and quality: the ability to identify and discuss content structures and writing practices, use of style-validation tools, content testing, and debugging
- Work independently within a team: estimate individual workload, prioritize work, align deliverables with product release schedules.
Who You Are:
- You are a team player who is self-directed and can also work independently with minimal supervision, focusing on the right information being delivered to the right set of stakeholders at the right times.
- You have a passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand technical concepts and assimilate different points of view.
- You are extremely organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- You have knowledge of standard authoring languages (DITA, Markdown, HTML) and build tools.
- You are familiar with software development practices: agile development, defect-tracking systems, source control.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience writing, curating, and editing content for accuracy, clarity, and usability for a technical audience
- Ability to document detailed technical content
- Ability to perform and use independent research
- Able to define and apply consistent voice and tone throughout content journey
- Like to solve challenging problems and think of new ways to deliver better content to our consumers
- Knowledge of agile, squad-based, continuous delivery development model
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Writing, English, Journalism, Communication, Information Design, or related field, or a technical degree
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM offers a competitive benefits program which may include medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, paid sick time, paid vacation, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), life insurance, IBM 401(k) Program and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM sales incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the applicable plan, all of which is subject to change.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.