It’s not hard to come to work each day when you’re preventing pollution, saving energy, and helping the world mitigate and become more resilient to impacts from climate change. ICF is at the forefront of preparing leading-edge technical and policy analyses, identifying viable market solutions, building real-world management tools, and implementing programs to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. In climate change and environmental markets, ICF has advised more than 30 governments and international institutions, and served more than 60 companies in the FT Global 500. We develop emissions inventories and carbon footprints; conduct greenhouse gas mitigation policy analyses; assist clients with offset and carbon credit projects; support organizational sustainability; assess the performance of global programs (e.g., climate funds, multilateral development banks), and identify ways they could improve; and support federal, state, local, international, and private sector clients on analyses related to climate change impacts and vulnerabilities, among other service offerings. We offer our clients around the globe unparalleled analytical, policy, and business management services.
We are currently hiring for Climate Change & Sustainability Researchers to join our teams in Summer 2021.
As a Climate Change & Sustainability Researcher, you will:
· Perform quantitative problem-solving, data collection and analysis, and manipulation of large datasets
· Review scientific and peer-reviewed literature and perform research
· Prepare presentations, reports, memoranda, and other communication materials
· Work with teams to prepare high-quality materials to support clients
· Interact with public and private sector clients
· Partner with and support project managers
As a Climate Change & Sustainability Researcher, you will have:
· Strong technical writing skills
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel)
· Ability to collaborate with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Interest in and/or experience in climate- and sustainability-related areas
· Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental or other Earth Sciences, Environmental Management, Engineering, Business, Economics, Biology, Chemistry, Public Policy or related subjects.