As a Legal Intern, you will have the exciting opportunity to learn about contracting and commercial matters at a fast-paced technology company, and apply your knowledge of contracting, technology, as well as your researching and communication skills to make an impact at iCIMS! We’ll teach you about SaaS contract negotiations, and related matters that pertain to our offerings so that you’re well prepared to support the team with all aspects of assigned projects, including those related to our customer contracts. Your day to day will include leveraging your existing knowledge, research skills, and what we’ve taught you to apply them in a practical way to issues and projects that support our business. This is an exciting opportunity to learn and develop skills which can support a career in software and technology. You will also be provided with professional development help and mentoring along the way!
When you join iCIMS, you join the team helping global companies transform business and the world through the power of talent. Our customers do amazing things: design rocket ships, create vaccines, deliver consumer goods globally, overnight, with a smile. As the Talent Cloud company, we empower these organizations to attract, engage, hire, and advance the right talent. We’re passionate about helping companies build a diverse, winning workforce and about building our home team. We’re dedicated to fostering an inclusive, purpose-driven, and innovative work environment where everyone belongs.
- Assists in-house attorneys to help enable the business to execute on commercial changes by understanding and providing guidance on relevant legal and compliance issues.
- Review and analyze agreements to support the sales and business teams in negotiations.
- Research issues and legislation as they relate to our industry as a whole or specific cases and proceedings.
- Prepare and draft memoranda summarizing results of research to help inform the business and guide decisions
- Currently enrolled in an ABA accredited law school with at least one full year of law school completed; students entering 3L year in Fall 2022, preferred.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Experience researching laws and case law, demonstrated through coursework, projects or similar required.
- Interest in software as a service (SaaS) or technology contracts preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and written skills.
- Able to prioritize manage and execute tasks, while adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Availability for at least ten (10) weeks from early June through mid-August, 12 weeks preferred
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Compensation & Benefits
iCIMS offers the following benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), an open vacation policy, sick days, short-term disability, long-term disability, maternity/bonding and parental leave, tuition reimbursement, flexible savings accounts, paid holidays, life and AD&D insurance.