What will you do?
Are you an outgoing, friendly, organized person?
Are you interested in opportunities in the healthcare / clinical research industry?
Do you have 20 – 30 hours a week to spend helping others?
ICON is a world leader in clinical research, and in our Salt Lake City clinic, healthy subject and patient volunteers participate in various studies. During this time, they stay at our clinic from just a few days to 3-4 weeks.
Our Clinic Representative is responsible for making sure our volunteers are comfortable during their stay, including making sure meals are delivered on time, coordinating recreational activities, or supervising a subject while they talk a walk outside. Other duties include:
- Making sure the public areas are tidied (kitchen and dining areas).
- Providing reading materials or organizing games, video games, and similar materials
- Providing tours of the facility to volunteers
- Answering questions from volunteers, escalating to Clinical Team Managers when necessary
- Provide Basic Life Support (we provide training)
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with little to no experience in clinical research to support the studies and to gain valuable experience.
Scheduling: This is an ongoing part time role. You can work 20 to 30 hours a week– we are flexible! Our clinics need to have a Host/Hostess on duty from 7am to 12am every day, so there is also flexibility in the shift lengths and timing.
Location: Our clinic is based near St. Mark’s Hospital in Salt Lake City. You would need to commute to this office during your shifts.
What do you need to have?
- Read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language required.
- Personable, friendly, customer service oriented personality
- Ability to organize and to prioritize competing demands
- Sincere interest in helping volunteers enjoy their stay
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Benefits of working with ICON
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career – both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.