We are the world’s #1 STEAM education program for kids and teens ages 6 – 18! At iD Tech, we offer online and in person learning for aspiring programmers, app developers, video game designers, engineers, filmmakers, photographers, and more. Courses are led by tech-savvy, adult-only staff in a fun, energetic and experiential environment. In addition to providing entertaining and age-appropriate activities, our STEAM programs are loaded with original, real-world curriculum and professional software. With personalized, hands-on instruction for all skill levels and small class sizes, we anticipate our students will become the world’s next creators of innovative technology!
An iD Tech Online Tutor is responsible for representing iD Tech’s engaging, skill-building, and inspirational educational experience in an online format. This includes fostering a safe environment where students can express themselves freely, ask questions, and receive valuable feedback. Online Instructors are responsible for implementing curriculum and tailoring instruction to the goals and interests of individual students. iD Tech’s online sessions primarily include after school small group instruction and private tutoring. iD Tech is committed to cultivating an atmosphere of inclusion — one that values diversity and is encouraging of unique perspectives.
- Work from the comfort of home (or school)! Candidates must have a quiet place to teach, reliable internet connection, and their own computer.
- Work a part-time schedule, up to 30 hours per week! The number of hours depends on your availability and client demand.
- Pay is $16 per hour.
Essential duties include:
- Conducting online sessions via video conference
- Reviewing curriculum/preparing a lesson plan
- Connecting with students on time
- Delivering high-quality, individualized instruction
- Other responsibilities:
- Clocking in/out accurately and at the time work is completed
- Submitting time cards by EOD every Friday
- Attending check-ins with your manager or lead
- Providing advanced notice of schedule changes
- Maintaining your schedule
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Must possess expertise in multiple areas of technology that pertain to iD Tech courses.
- College-educated, pursuing or already holding a degree in computer science or related field of study.
- Must have a good “stage-presence” on camera and be able to engage students remotely in conversation.
- A background in tutoring kids and teens is highly desirable.