Think tanks play a critical role in shaping the future of government policy. Now more than ever, the future of your privacy and data is at stake. Today’s decisions lay the framework for how future generations live and work online.
Identity Review is a think tank with this future in mind. The team behind Identity Review is composed of serial entrepreneurs from Stanford, with a deep background in finance, blockchain and startups.
The think tank has an endowment with three core pillars:
- Incubation: We build ideas to shape the future. Our fellowship program is an incubation program for young leaders who have a bold vision for the future. Fellows intern in a rotation program of top startups while diving deeply into cutting-edge technologies such as blockchain and AI.
- Policy: Our team works with central banks, governments, financial institutions, tech companies and startups to help guide policy and inform decision making for the key stakeholders in our consortium and beyond. Policy affects every aspect of society’s future.
- Awareness: Identity Review’s journalism arm focuses on covering thought-provoking and cutting-edge topics in crypto, big data, AI, biometrics and digital identity. Technology leaders, financial institutions and policy makers rely on Identity Review for effective decision making.
Who Are Tech Innovation Fellows?
Our fellows encompass a diverse range of skills, backgrounds and ambitions. The previous cohort ranged from journalists covering internet culture, crypto traders at the cutting-edge of decentralized finance and policy analysts researching the implications of global affairs and advocacy.
Each fellow shares similar characteristics and qualifications:
- Strong leader and communicator
- Interest in startups and companies experiencing hyper-growth
- Passion for exploring frontier technologies such as crypto, AI, biometrics, big data, etc.
- High-risk tolerance with a strong desire to gain relevant experience in entrepreneurship
- Innovative and entrepreneurial spirit with a desire to change the world
- Students currently enrolled in a degree program / have dropped out of university
The fellowship program spans all three pillars, which specifically includes:
Private Mentorship: Receive mentorship from industry leaders, entrepreneurs, investors and leading creatives. These include CEOs of Silicon Valley startups, Thiel Fellows, crypto funds, venture capitalists and social media influencers.
Startup Experience: Identity Review both incubates and invests in ideas to change the world. Fellows are offered a rotational program to gain exposure to Silicon Valley-funded startups, top crypto projects and finance initiatives.
Project Grants: Fellows have the opportunity to receive no-strings-attached grant funding of up to $10,000 to work on personal projects. Former projects include deep-dives into crypto NFTs, the Dark Web and the emerging African tech ecosystem.
Networking: Our first class of fellows had less than a 5% acceptance rate. This elite network of Identity Review Fellows consists of alum from top schools like Stanford, Harvard, Princeton, Columbia and more.
Journalism: Fellows may publish their thoughts on our media outlet. Publishing unique perspectives on market trends and policies in tech attracts the attention of established companies and simultaneously helps expand your personal brand.
Interested In Getting Involved?
The fellowship will commence in September 2021 and will end in May 2022. Applications for the program are due on May 7, 2021 at 11:59 PM PST and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Click here to apply.