We are seeking an Associate Scientist to join our LPD Operations team that manufactures reagents for Livestock, Poultry, and Dairy diagnostic kits. The successful candidate will have a background in a scientific discipline. This position will be responsible for creation and delivery of quality reagents in a USDA regulated production laboratory.
What will you do?
- Prepares materials, performs experiments, gathers data, carries out analysis and reaches conclusions. May also design experiments.
- Documents experiments and other lab or production activities. Prepares reports and summaries. Presents results and conclusions. Maintains appropriate records.
- Participates on and may manage teams, planning and organizing team activities.
- Orders and maintains equipment and work area.
- Collaborates and communicates with colleagues and others in related areas to provide work support, exchange information and ensure efficient processes.
- May produce and/or test reagents and final products and perform other production-related activities.
- Maintains knowledge of products and procedures, developments in the field and industry and regulatory environment. Adheres to appropriate procedures and regulatory requirements.
- May participate in conferences, webinars and seminars to continue to develop knowledge base.
- If working in an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory will follow the Water Laboratory Quality Manual and all associated documents.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Specific technical skills related to the applicable scientific specialty.
- Laboratory bench and instrumentation skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Protein purification and FPLC proficiency preferred.
- Experience in regulated production environments preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team.
- Organizational skills and ability to plan work.
- Takes initiative and is accountable (shows ownership); focuses on task at hand; detail oriented.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle the stress of deadlines.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from diseases. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together.
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.