The LCMS group within the R&D Discovery and Technology Futures group is looking for a dedicated and energetic Scientist to join team and provide critical support for reagent characterization. The successful candidate will join a team of experienced scientists at the BS/MS and PhD levels and work with interdisciplinary research teams across R&D to support New Product Development and on market products. We are looking for a detail-oriented, motivated individual with a strong bioanalytical background and familiarity with protein mass spectrometry.
What you can expect:
- Perform sample preparation followed by intact mass analysis of proteins and antibodies.
- Sample preparation and peptide mapping analyses.
- Analyze, interpret and prepare reports as well as make presentations for a variety of scientific audiences.
- Be involved in absolute protein quantitation method development.
- Perform basic maintenance of mass spectrometers.
- Orders and maintains necessary reagents and supplies
- Interface with multiple cross-functional teams to support new product development and on market products
What you need to succeed:
- MS in Biochemistry or Chemistry.
- Expertise in intact mass analysis using Thermo Q Exactive HF series mass spectrometers systems is necessary. Experience using ABSciex Triple quadrupole MS systems will be an added advantage.
- Expertise in use of Thermo Ultimate or Vanquish and Shimadzu UPLC systems. Experience with nano LC will be an added advantage.
- Experience with spectral deconvolution software (Thermo BioPharma Finder, Byos Intact Mass)
- Detail-oriented and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate and interpret results
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from diseases. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together.
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.