We are looking for an engineer with a diverse skill set to join our Test Engineering team. As a Test Engineer, you will support test fixtures and test systems that test the functionality of circuit boards, electro-mechanical sub-assemblies, optical sub-assemblies and other components before they are integrated into the manufacturing or service processes for our products. If you enjoy working with hardware, software, existing test fixture change development, supporting existing test fixtures and collaborating with a diverse set of professionals across different engineering groups and business functions then this is the job for you.
What you will do:
- Support test hardware and software that ensure components, sub-assemblies, sub-systems and systems meet design verified performance during manufacturing and service. Verifies, validates, documents, implements and supports custom product functional test or engineering lab analysis test equipment and test beds.
- Develop test fixture documentation for existing legacy or undocumented test fixtures.
- Perform internal and external test installation and transfers, training, test repeatability and reproducibility planning and reporting. Defines, schedules and performs test calibration, preventative maintenance, performance testing and repairs. Defines and uses engineering lab test instruments and tools in support of product and test problem solving.
- Support released custom test fixtures internally and in supply chain as single point of contact. Responds to test issues in production pipeline for assigned equipment.
- Coordinate with research & development, product support engineering, supply chain and other areas to ensure testing is integrated into the product development/change/production/failure analysis process. Works on teams from new product concept to end of life with focus on improving the customer experience and manufacturing metrics. Coordinates with operations, service, lines of business and other areas for assigned projects and test responsibilities for continuous improvement and business continuity.
- Develop acceptance criteria to determine whether a product has passed a test, is functioning properly and is delivering accurate results. Provides technical expertise support for product and test bed root cause identification and solution options with verification.
- Analyze and tests products used by customers, as well as internal Company production instruments and test equipment.
What you will need to be successful:
- 0+ years basic test engineering experience. Bachelor’s degree (Electrical Engineering or Computer engineering preferred)
- Experience with LabVIEW, TestStand, C/C++, Visual Studio (VB, C#), JAVA and Python would be a plus.
- Experience with computer hardware and operating systems (Linux, W2K/XP/7/W10), communication and bus protocols (RS232, CAN, USB1/2/3, Firewire, PXI/VXI, etc.), networking (Ethernet, CAN, and topologies) and network equipment (routers, switches, hubs, etc.) preferred.
- Electrical engineering skills including AC/DC circuits and component selection, power, signal analysis, microprocessors, FPGA’s, motion control, optics and light.
- Skill in problem-solving and knowledge with mathematical and analytical techniques.
- Experience with schematic entry software (OrCAD Capture, PADS Logic) preferred. Experience with circuit board layout and CAD tools would be a plus (PADS Layout, Allegro Solidworks). Proficient with MS Office software suite, JMP, Visio, Adobe, etc.
- Experience with analytical measurement tools: Logic Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Function/Waveform Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Power Source Analyzers, meters and multi-meters, etc.
- Capable in component, assembly/dis-assembly, repair skills for: electro-mechanical assemblies, cables, power, commercial test and measurement equipment, custom designed test systems, Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBAs), fluidics, optics standalone or embedded in test equipment.
- Capable of generating functional block and timing diagrams, circuit schematics, engineering drawings for cables, mechanical, sub-assembly, sub-systems and assemblies.
- Generating need, goal and objectives, requirements, product and test concepts and architecture.
- Experience working within an ISO 9001 compliant organization preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in data analysis, problem identification and statements, problem solving processes (Six Sigma) and solution identification, verification and validation.
- Demonstrated interaction skills and collaborative work with all levels of internal and external individuals, both technical and non-technical. Ability to communicate, verbally and written, to technical and non-technical teams.
- Technical writing skills and an ability to create test plans, reports, SOPs and Work Instructions that are accurate and understandable by all technical levels.
- Self-organizing with prioritization abilities in a rapid event technical environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Extensive sitting, standing and computer use. Extend and reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers. Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch. May be required to lift, move and carry up to 50 lbs. Work with exposed moving electro-mechanical parts. Office, engineering lab and industrial environments requiring safety and electrostatic discharge (ESD) equipment. Additional work with electrical solder and fluxes, exposure to supplier assembly processes using chemicals, with machinery noise. Work with exposed electrical power requiring proper protective equipment. Some travel required
What We Offer
We offer a meaningful and exciting environment where you are given the opportunity to be yourself, innovate, and grow both personally and in your career. You will become an essential part of a fast-growing company within a growing industry and you’ll get to work with people who are inspiring, open, and the best in their field.
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.