All applications must be submitted to: https://ieee.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=210048&tz=GMT-05%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York
The overall purpose of this position is to assist the Global Business Strategy and Intelligence (GBSI) department with the IEEE Standards Association to support several active and planned initiatives around industry engagement, market strategies, and market research. The selected intern will support various aspects of the growing GBSI’s footprint and community engagement leading to new standardization opportunities.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Conducting operational research by Practice areas and Technologies including and not limited to Healthcare & Life Sciences, Energy, Telecom and Connectivity, etc.
- Supporting report development and information capture on a weekly basis
- Supporting new opportunity management across Practice areas
- Brainstorm and work with the GBSI team to develop new ways to acquire new relevant information as it relates to a competitive advantage.
- Assist in the research and tracking technologies in social and traditional news media outlets by Practice area
Education and Experience:
- College or University junior or senior with strong academic performance
- Experience in the technology market
- Experience in conducting research
- Experience in gathering information via social media channels
- Good working knowledge of Excel
Skills & Other Requirements:
- Strong communication skills, befitting a professional environment.
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Intellectually curious, eager to learn, and willing to adapt to change
- Creative – ability to brainstorm and devise solutions
- Proven work ethic and positive attitude
- Self-directed – can deliver results with limited supervision
- Demonstrated ability in working in collaborative/team environments and projects
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under Category I – office positions.
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share
the same job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications
required of employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re- assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to apply. PLEASE NOTE: This position is not budgeted for employer-sponsored immigration support, this includes all persons in F (both CPT and OPT), J, H, L or O status.