All applications must go through: https://ieee.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=210045&tz=GMT-05%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York
The intern is a member of the Information Security team responsible for maintaining the integrity, confidentiality and availability of information systems data resources. This position will work with others members of the team to maintain and support distributed security systems and services. The incumbent must possess a good understanding of information security practices, technologies and threats as the foundation for the protection of IEEE systems and data. This position will assist with preventing access, modification, deletion and disclosure of IEEE data to unauthorized users. The role reports to the Manager, Information Security and manages 0 direct reports.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Assists with the analysis, design, the implementation of security solutions, preventive controls and capabilities to protect IEEE data, system and services in accordance with industry standards and legal and compliance requirements
• Applies industry standard risk management techniques and knowledge to determine effectiveness of controls and to create action plans to remediate identified risks
• Assists in the development of end-to-end security solutions leveraging existing or new capabilities
• Assist with the support and maintenance of IT security operations.
• Keeps abreast of emerging security trends, threats, and new solutions to improve security polices, controls, strategies, architectures, and vulnerability management
• Keeps abreast of business and IT industry trends and best practices to modify processes to meet changing needs and influence the direction of solutions
• Participates in vendor product reviews, evaluations, demonstrations, proofs of concept and implementations of security tools and services
• Assists with the enforcement of IEEE security policies, standards, guidelines, processes and agreed architectures.
• Assists with the prevention, detection, response and investigation of security incidents including assisting with related recovery activities.
• Identifies and reports security policy violations and participates in the corrective actions to maintain the security of IEEE information, systems and services.
• Participates in development and update of security policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and architectures.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer related field such as Computer Science with concentration on CyberSecurity or Information Security a must
• 0-2 years related work experience in Information Security. College experience will be considered.
• Information Security Certifications such as CISSP, CISA, a plus.
Skills & Other Requirements:
• Overall understanding of Information Technology and the ability to coordinate, design, and manage IT processes and work
• Understanding of the basic principles of Privacy and Risk Management as it relates to IT Security
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle, programming languages, management information systems, databases, operating systems, and computer hardware
• Willingness and ability to learn new technologies
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong technical problem-solving skills
• Strong critical and analytical thinking
• Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment
Other Desired Skills:
• Serve on a team responsible for handling security-related issues and providing production support to the security environment a plus
• Familiarity with web application security concepts, such as; secure application development, secure session management, encryption and input validation, logging and error handling a plus.
• Familiarity with load balancer and Single Sign On (SSO) technologies is a plus.
• Familiarity of Authentication, Authorization concepts, such as; Identity Federation, Multi-Factor Authentication a plus.
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under Category I – office positions.
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share
the same job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications
required of employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re- assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to apply. PLEASE NOTE: This position is not budgeted for employer-sponsored immigration support, this includes all persons in F (both CPT and OPT), J, H, L or O status.