II-VI Aerospace & Defense is looking for a passionate Electrical Engineer to join our team in Longmont, CO who is eager to apply his/her experience, talents, and creativity to advancing one of the most exciting electro-mechanical technologies. Our expertise is in the development of high-precision dual-axis beam directors for High Energy Laser, Electro-Optic/Infrared Countermeasures, and Communications. You will be involved in all stages of design and development from concept to delivery.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conversion of electrical system designs and concepts into detailed engineering work products including schematics, harness drawings, assembly drawings, and integration and test procedures.
- Collaboration with other engineers and subject matter experts on system level details including assembly and sub-assembly requirements, power and thermal requirements, control system requirements, electrical routing and connectivity, and grounding & shielding.
- Hands-on testing of electrical hardware and harnesses
Additional responsibilities may include detailed electrical circuit design, integration test support, and technical presentations.
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering
- 0-3 years of experience in design, test, or analysis of electrical systems, components, and harnesses. Internship experience will be considered.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with cross discipline engineers
- Attention to detail and experience delivering work products with a low defect rate
- A passion for engineering, an eagerness to learn, and a desire to become deeply integrated and engaged with a team of like-minded people
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a security clearance
Strongly Preferred Skills:
- Relevant hands-on experience designing, fabricating, integrating, troubleshooting, and qualifying electrical system designs to requirements.
- Experience developing mechatronic systems for military, aerospace, or spaceflight applications
- Knowledge of power and signal distribution design techniques for embedded systems including cable/harness design, connector selection, EMI & EMC shielding, grounding, and power dissipation
- Analog/digital circuit design/analysis, PCB layout and routing experience
- Experience with harness and cabling layout and design.
About II-VI Aerospace & Defense:
II-VI Aerospace & Defense is a world-leading provider of high-performance opto-mechanical systems to the aerospace and defense industries. Our expertise is in the development of high-precision dual-axis beam directors for High Energy Laser and Electro-Optic/Infrared Countermeasures. These systems are designed for deployment on demanding U.S. military ground, sea, and air platforms to enable defensive and offensive capabilities against ground and airborne threats. II-VI Aerospace & Defense is a key player in the directed energy industry and this emerging technology is on the cusp of being fully deployed in the field.
Our company consists of a highly collaborative group of multi-talented engineers and subject matter experts who share a passion for innovation utilizing the latest tools and technologies. We care deeply about our people and maintain a company culture of family and work-life balance. As a small business, every member of our organization has an opportunity to succeed and make a significant impact. We are currently experiencing substantial growth due to the high-level interest of our amazing products. Join our team as we build the next generation of weapon defense systems.