Summary: The SaveFirst Team Leads manage the implementation of the SaveFirst tax preparation initiative in regional service areas, with special focus given to training, community partner development, outreach, volunteers, and logistics. The SaveFirst Team Leads collaborate with Impact America regional staff, SaveFirst Director, and community partners to implement various aspects of the tax preparation program and ensure program targets are met. Outreach and training occurs during the fall, and tax preparation is provided at community-based tax sites from mid-January through April 15.
Location: Position available in Memphis, TN.
- Conducts tax trainings for AmeriCorps Service Members
- Maintains positive relationships with community partners, including site partners, professors, and outreach partners to build and strengthen the program’s community presence
- Oversees implementation of logistical details for tax preparation sites, especially preparation of supplies, technology, and other materials
- Serves as one of the team’s primary contacts for tax questions during tax season
- Makes regular visits to tax sites during tax season to observe and support AmeriCorps Service Members in running successful sites
- Helps prepare AmeriCorps Service Members to conduct volunteer recruitment visits and tax trainings for local college students
- Oversees the certification training, onboarding, scheduling, and service of local college students and other volunteers
- Oversees marketing effort, including organizing AmeriCorps Service Members in making outreach calls and completing marketing mail-out
- Updates region-specific team leader playbook throughout the service year
- Positive attitude and rapport with AmeriCorps Service Members
- Collaborative spirit with the whole leadership team
- Adherence to assigned deadlines for projects
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility in a dynamic service environment
- Strong self management skills and willingness to take initiative
- Participate as requested in leadership team meetings and other program-specific meetings
- Work from a designated office space at our office from 8:00am to 5:00pm, unless attending meetings out in the community (as feasible during COVID-19)
This is a grant funded position and placement will be contingent upon Impact America receiving funding.
We anticipate team lead positions to be full time, 40 hour per week positions. Team Leads will be contacted individually regarding the specifics of their term of service (1700 hour vs. 1200 hour) and the grant-funded positions available in their region.
Supervisor: Program Manager
Time Commitment: Begins July 5, 2021 and ends July 1, 2022
Term of Service: TBD
Skills Required: Successful members will demonstrate the following skills: leadership, teamwork, strong written and verbal communication, advanced computer literacy, positive attitude, flexibility, ability to work independently, punctuality, honesty, integrity, cultural sensitivity, commitment to individuals living in poverty.
Academic Qualifications: Members must have completed a college degree or have plans to complete the degree within the first six months of the term of service (this exception may be made on a case-by-case basis with prior approval).
Service Conditions and Time Requirement: This position may include an irregular schedule and seasonal shifts in workload. It sometimes requires weekend, evening, early morning, and off-peak hours. Work will involve conducting direct service in communities of need, outside of an office setting as well as sedentary physical activity requiring sitting for periods of time. 50% or more time is spent looking directly at a computer. Some travel is required.
Bi-weekly Living Stipend for Leadership Team Members
First Term: $769.23 biweekly
Second Term: $807.69 biweekly
Third Term: $923.08 biweekly
Fourth Term: $1,038.46 biweekly
Paid Time Off
First Term: 14 days
Second Term: 16 days
Third & Fourth Term: 18 days
PTO includes vacation, personal sickness, family sickness, medical or dental appointments exceeding two hours, religious holidays not included in regular holiday calendar, family activities, grad school application tasks (exams, interviews, school visits, etc), and any activity which prevents the member from participating in service as scheduled.
Independence Day – 1 day
Labor Day – 1 day
Indigenous People’s Day – 1 day
Thanksgiving – 3 days
Winter Break – 10 days
Spring Break – 3 days
Memorial Day Break – 5 days
Juneteenth – 1 day
A health benefits policy is administered by The Corps Network/CIGNA and is available to members upon request. If the member currently has other coverage (through a spouse, parent, or individual plan), they must sign a waiver of health insurance coverage which indicates that they have been made aware of the availability of health benefits and have chosen not to enroll.
The allowance will be provided directly to a child care provider determined by AmeriCorps, if the member qualifies for the allowance. The child care allowance will distribute this allowance evenly over the term of service on a bi-weekly basis.
Upon successful completion of the member’s term of service, the member will receive an education award from the National Service Trust. For successful completion of a full-time 1,700 hour term, the member will receive an education award in the amount of $6,345. For successful completion of a full-time 1,200 hour term, the member will receive an education award in the amount of $4,441.50. The member understands that their failure to disclose to the Program any history of having been released for cause from another AmeriCorps Program will render them ineligible to receive the education award. The member is entitled to two (2) full time education awards in the course of their life, even if they serve for more than two terms of service.
Student Loan Forbearance
If the member has received forbearance on a qualified student loan during the term of service, the National Service Trust will repay a portion or all of the interest that accrued on the loan during the term of service. Note: The term of service may differ from your time commitment with the program.