Marketing Intern Job Description and Skills Requirements
In4mations insights, a data analytics and modeling consultancy, specializing in marketing mix modeling and price optimization for the restaurant, retail and CPG industry, is recruiting for a Marketing Intern to assist in execution of outbound marketing and brand awareness campaigns. The Company is based in the greater Boston area, but the position can and will be remote for the foreseeable future. Optimal location is New Jersey, New York or the greater Boston area. NO OTHER LOCATIONS CONSIDERED.
This is a rotational internship for three months with the possibility of extension. Ideally the candidate will be a recent grad or a rising senior in an undergraduate program with some concentration in business or marketing. Exposure to B2B marketing, and the market research or data analytics sectors a plus.
Position starting immediately. Compensation will be based on an hourly rate of $18-20 depending on experience, up 35 hours per week.
The Intern will be responsible for supporting all aspects of:
· updating the back-end CMS system to make changes to the Company’s website,
· creating out-bound e-mail campaigns targeted to engage the Company’s clients and prospects in specific industry sectors
· helping to identify prospects and updating the marketing automation database to reflect new contacts’ details
· posting to and updating social media (primarily LinkedIn) and helping to grow followers to the in4mation insights company page
· some promotional copy writing predominantly for social media and e-mail campaigns
· creating engaging visual content to increase the appeal of marketing campaigns, including but not limited to GIFs, videos, still images
· proofing and quality control on marketing content for spelling grammar, punctuation and consistency with Company preferences.
· in future: Supporting the promotion and execution of webinars and live streaming of thought leadership content
· assisting the MD, Client Growth in overall marketing activities
Strong digital skills or the ability to learn quickly across content marketing tech platforms
Should be proficient in, or able to use basic features:
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Teams
- Hootsuite or other social media scheduling/planning platform
- LinkedIn and LinkedIn Analytics
- Creating campaigns in an e-mailer tool like MailChimp or Sendinblue. Basically, knowledgeable using WYSWIG HTML platforms for outbound marketing
- Simple updating to websites using backend content management systems (experience with Wix, Weebly, or WordPress sufficient)
- Zoom (for internal or external virtual events) or other video event hosting platforms
Experience/familiarity is desirable:
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Premier (Video)
- Google Analytics
- Maintaining a basic CRM database
Candidates should have a strong competency in social media platforms, both from a navigation standpoint and an understanding of how to best leverage each individual platform (i.e., what is appropriate to post on each and how to use analytics). Intern must also be proficient in/able to quickly learn basic design for social media graphics and videos and have strong attention to visual detail. A good candidate is highly proficient in grammar and spelling, and strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to aggregate social media and content marketing analytic data and assess efficacy of current strategy and what receives the best engagement.
An ideal candidate is a combination of effective execution, as well as creative and strategic thinking – always willing to learn a new skill, ask tons of questions, and never be afraid to make recommendations or voice their ideas.
Candidates must be fully credentialed to work in the US. No H1 Visa credentials accepted.
Please submit resumes and cover letter to email@example.com
No phone calls please.