Name: Testing Technologist (COVID-19 Testing)
Duration: 6+ Months
Location: San Marcos, TX
- Performs high complexity testing of laboratory samples
- Documents and reports test results in compliance with departmental procedures and applicable regulations while meeting established production demands.
- Accurately and consistently perform assigned laboratory test procedures as outlined in SOP.
- Uses proper techniques for sample handling and processing to ensure the validity of test results.
- Ensures training qualifications for independent testing are current and accurate.
- Learns complex concepts, technical specifications, and written procedures utilizing a combination of self-paced and hands-on training techniques.
- Must have knowledge of dilutions, ratios and another basic laboratory math.
- Strong organization skills and legible handwriting are essential.
- Must speak, read and write English.
- Must have the ability to apply rational thinking and understanding to carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions
- Must have capacity to identify and troubleshoot problems within regulatory guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Must have Documentation Skills, ability to analyze Information, Chemistry Techniques, Equipment Maintenance, FDA Health Regulations, Lab Environment, Organization, Attention to Detail, and Informing Others
- Certification as a Medical Technologist (MT)/Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS), Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT), Clinical Laboratory Technician (CLT) or equivalent.
- BA/BS degree in a life science is acceptable if CLIA requirements to perform high complexity testing are met.
Skills and Experience:
AUTOMATED TESTING, CHEMISTRY, CORRECTIVE ACTION, DOCUMENTATION, EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE