Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Math
Experience: At least 2 years of relevant project/corporate finance experience ideally in the North American power industry
New Deal Origination / Execution: Support MDs, Directors and VPs in the R&P Team in the origination of and/or participation in project financings with an emphasis on power project transactions. Responsibilities include but are not limited to onboarding of clients/ borrowers, KYC, preparing presentations, greenlight memos, credit, industry & market analysis and written summaries for new lending transactions, building return and project finance debt models from scratch, application of internal application to process risk rating models, greenlight memos, credit applications and ancillary documents, performing due diligence and preparing presentation materials for new financing opportunities, capital structuring or M&A transactions in the power sector, assisting in the maintenance of industry and market intelligence databases.
Portfolio Management: Support MDs, Directors and VPs in the R&P Team in monitoring of the loan portfolio including but not limited to preparing and processing annual credit reviews, preparing and processing loan modification / amendment requests, tracking covenant compliance and maintaining internal portfolio tracking metrics, reviewing legal documentation, maintaining credit files and loan documentation, reviewing and processing borrowing and disbursement requests, interfacing with Risk Management, internal and external Legal and Loan Operations, and preparing periodic pipeline and profitability reports.
Requisite Skill Set:
- Strong academic track record with Undergraduate or Masters from top school
- Solid math skills essential; solid statistical skills useful
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be highly detail-oriented and accurate
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint): Must have outstanding Excel skills and be able to build financial debt models very soon after starting.
- Fundamental understanding of GAAP accounting principals and comfort with core financial statements (Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement and Balance Sheet).
- Fundamental understanding of key financial markets and products.
- Basic understanding of corporate and bankruptcy law.
- Team Player, self-motivated high quality/high quantity producer
- Writing sample – preferably a credit analysis
- Taking a basic debt modelling test
To Apply: Please visit https://www.leveluphcs.com/apply-now-ing?rpid=470105&postid=w93EWvfU7JQ