The InLiquid Internship Program will offer the experience of working in a nonprofit arts organization. Internships are designed primarily for undergraduate and graduate students, although open to anyone with a strong desire and commitment. We offer internships in three areas including Editorial, Exhibitions, and Development. Interns will work closely with InLiquid staff and will be involved with regular activities as well as special projects as needed.
The Exhibitions Intern’s role is to help support the Exhibitions Department while simultaneously gaining education and experience in exhibitions. With up to a dozen partner gallery sites where over 50 exhibitions may be presented in a calendar year, the Exhibitions Intern has an opportunity to learn about the administrative steps, research, curation, and execution of a wide range of exhibitions.
In order to help facilitate the education and growth of the Exhibition Interns, we cater the focus of the internship based on the candidates skill set and interests.
Initial primary areas of focus include:
- Research for outreach including: sites for posting open calls, targeted interest groups for exhibitions and programming, collaborative partners, competitive institutions exhibitions and programming, potential sale avenues, etc
- Assist in administrative and design support as needed: promotional material, exhibition collateral, and website as needed/trained
- Assist in the preparation, transportation, and installation and deinstallation of exhibitions
- Explore options to curate an online exhibition at InLiquid OnLine
- Research and design interactive technology for online educational components to support exhibitions (ie. GIS, interactive mapping, infographics, etc)