Project Name: MS4 Stormwater Management Program
Work Task: Floatables Field Monitoring
Insight Civil Engineering, PLLC is a women-owned business enterprise (WBE) based in New York City. We have extensive experience in the fields of civil engineering, urban planning, and facilities consulting. Our design philosophy is guided by five core values: professional standard of care, adaptation, nature-based design, sustainable development and equity. We are a team of dynamic, pragmatic and highly competent professionals, with a primary focus on customer satisfaction and a vested interest in building successful, long-term business relationships.
Insight Civil is seeking to fill 2 staff positions to support a seven-month floatables (May 2021 – November 2021) field data collection effort as part of the NYCDEP’s MS4 Stormwater Management Program. The City of New York’s Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Permit requires the development of a floatable and settleable trash and debris management program as part of the Stormwater Management Program (SWMP). A field monitoring program will occur for 7 months and staff members will travel to sites daily to collect floatables and record data. The positions would be full time, paid on an hourly basis, and primarily in the field and laboratory (minimal desk/chair time).
· Daily travel to project sites.
· Field data collection.
· Lab analysis, cataloguing and documentation.
Experience / Skill Requirements:
· 0-2+ years of professional experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental studies, or sustainability management.
· Field crew members will be properly trained in all aspects of the field work that they will be performing.
· Previous field work experience a plus.
· Competitive pay.
· Medical, dental and vision benefits.
· Pre-tax commuter benefits.
· Fitness reimbursement benefit.
· Temporary position with the possibility of transitioning to a permanent role.
Insight Civil Engineering is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, and national origin.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!