IDA is an independent, non-profit, federally-funded research and development center that provides objective analyses to the Department of Defense and other federal government agencies.
Are you looking to advance your career in IT? We are looking for a self-starter who can leverage new technologies/languages to improve the end-user experience and drive productivity across the company. You will enjoy working with state of the art technology in a number of critical business areas, such as human resources, business intelligence, security, web portal design, business continuity, enterprise search, finance, etc.
With minimal supervision, this position provides automation support. The incumbent, working either individually or as a team member, assists supported staff members in assessing and defining their data processing requirements. Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, implements and documents new application systems; modifies and enhances existing programs and systems; and provides system-related operational and database support. #ITatIDA
- Works with the staff to identify, define and document the need for development, conversion or modification of application system software. Develops and proposes cost effective solutions. Uses tools, such as prototyping to define and interpret requirements and to document results.
- Serves as project leader for development and maintenance of complex software systems. Prepares requirements and design specifications; participates in design reviews; develops programs and systems; troubleshoots and corrects systems problems; performs comprehensive unit and limited system testing and prepares and maintains technical and user documentations per standard. Ensures compliance with configuration management.
- Ensures compliance with configuration management procedures in all software-related activities.
- In close coordination with the Database Administrator, maintains databases for one or more applications. Sets up new application users and privileges; ensures that the DBMS is configured to optimize application performance and capabilities. Designs and implements controls to protect data from unauthorized access.
- Serves as project leader for support of acquired systems that have significant support or interface requirements. Acts as liaison between users and vendors for the installation and maintenance of new software releases and modifications. Assists vendors in identifying and isolating problems with their installed software, and installs and tests vendor updates and fixes. Builds custom interfaces to provide connectivity with other IDA systems. Ensures compliance with configuration management procedures in all software-related activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field coupled with minimum six years of experience in Information Technology, which includes at least four years in programming OR High School diploma with eight years minimum experience in Information Technology, which includes at least four years in programming.
- Extensive experience in analysis, design, development and implementation of computer systems.
- Extensive experience in developing N-Tier applications using tools such as Microsoft’s Visual Studio and one or more SQL based relational database management systems like Microsoft’s SQL Server.
- Extensive experience with project management
- Extensive experience supporting Deltek’s CostPoint Finance Management System is a plus.
- Must be organized, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form and with all levels of employees; possess good interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to occasionally work hours outside of a regular schedule.
- Successful completion of criminal background is required.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer