Fulbright U.S. Scholar Postdoctoral Research Opportunities in Australia – Applications Now Open
The Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program is currently seeking applicants for Fulbright Postdoctoral Awards to Australia to begin in the 2022-23 academic year, with an application deadline of September 15, 2021. Most awards are open to all academic disciplines and offer up to ten months of full funding to conduct research in Australia.
- Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholarship in All Disciplines
- Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholarship in All Disciplines (Deakin University)
- Fulbright Future Postdoctoral Scholarship (funded by the Kinghorn Foundation)
- Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholarship in Multiple Disciplines (The University of Newcastle)
Fellowships may begin in January of February 2023, due to the academic year in Australia. Awards are open to applicants who have completed their Ph.D. within the last five years. Scholars may apply prior to completing their Ph.D.; applicants simply must attain their doctorate by their proposed grant start date. Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
For program details and application support, please take advantage of the following resources:
- Postdoctoral Awards available in Australia for 2022-23 for award descriptions, details, and staff contact information
- Application guidelines and procedures
- Office Hours, weekly live events to have your application questions answered by Fulbright Staff. (Note that Australia is included in East Asia and the Pacific.)
- Recorded webinar covering postdoctoral opportunities for details on postdoctoral and early-career awards available through the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program around the world and application advice.
Participating in the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program provides academics the unique opportunity to work with foreign institutions while simultaneously serving as cultural ambassadors for the United States. A Fulbright award offers recognition and an experience that will serve you throughout your career.