Our Passion. Your Results.
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
This Marketing Product Specialist position features a two (2) year rotational program which focuses on hiring high potential candidates into strategic roles, with an aim to prepare them to be future leaders within the organization.
Through a targeted rotational learning approach, the candidate will be exposed to challenging assignments in Worldwide Marketing, R&D, Regulatory Affairs, and Commercial Operations.
Downstream Marketing: acting liaison between company headquarters and worldwide affiliate offices. Werfen operates in 30 countries, and more than 100 territories through distributors.
- Communicate affiliate and customer issues from the field back into company functions
- Communicate product developments and updates to worldwide affiliates
- Prepare marketing communications, letters, and collateral for product(s)
- Attend trade shows and travel to affiliate territories for local events
- Prepare and conduct training for product operation, value selling, and sales demonstrations
- Lead translation processes for marketing collateral and product labeling
- Build and own relationships and coordination between other Werfen companies
Upstream Marketing: acting liaison between the field and internal functions, including R&D (Hardware, Software, Project Management, Assay Development), Regulatory Affairs, Operations, Supply Chain, Warehouse, and Manufacturing
- Provide User Needs based on voice-of-customer to R&D development team
- Participate in writing of product requirements
- Provide feedback to hardware, software, and analytical teams during product development
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Education: BS in STEM field (Chemistry, Physics, Engineering) strongly preferred, Master’s Degree highly desirable
- Additional Skills/Knowledge:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Language: Fluency in English required. Multi-lingual a plus
- Skills & Capabilities:
- The ideal candidate for this position will exhibit the following skills and capabilities:
- Team player, strong conflict resolution skills, and able to work with spectrum of personalities
- Able to work in unstructured environments, and able to lead and to provide structure in ambiguous situations
- Strong quantitative abilities (data science / analytics, statistics, etc.), motivated by opportunity to solve challenges, and demonstrates perseverance
- Able to work independently on assigned projects. Excellent oral and written communications skills are needed, including ability to present effectively