The primary role of the Packaging Engineer Intern is to gain a strong understanding of how a packaging test lab operates along with gaining knowledge of industry test standards through a hands-on experience in real world applications.
Essential Job Functions:
• Preparation of samples for testing
• Performance of testing per the specified test plan and/or SOP, and operation of respective equipment for each test.
• Documentation of results.
• Repackaging of test samples after testing is complete.
• Perform internal projects and write or revise SOP’s which will be used to improve processes.
• Inventory test samples, set-up tests, and compile data in spreadsheets
• Provide assistance to Project Manager(s), create worksheets, and write test reports as needed.
• Other duties as requested.
• Currently enrolled in a Packaging Engineering program
• Lab experience preferred
• MS Office, Fluent in English