We are looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to provide Nursing care to our Integrity House. Clients in our Newark and or Secaucus, NJ location. Since 1968, Integrity House Inc. has provided comprehensive and successful rehabilitation services for individuals with substance abuse disorder.
In addition to CARF accreditation, we are recognized statewide as a leader in addiction services. We provide inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, halfway house, and sober living for individuals with substance use and other co-occurring mental health diagnoses to prepare for ongoing community based treatment and recovery.
The LPN will be responsible for assisting the staff RN with medication administration, client dose scheduling and medication management. This is a Licensed Practical Nurse position; the employee must be available during the work hours of 7:00 am to 11:00 am with varying hours for a Per Diem work schedule.
Duties, Responsibilities, Scope and Function:
· Interpersonal and group communication skills
· Critical thinking and shared decision-making ensuring protection of patient’s self-determination
· Provide advocacy as needed to ensure patient knows and understands his rights
· Strong nursing skills and holistic health knowledge as addiction is rarely the only treatment necessary
· Provide compassionate support through all process phases
· Help patient become independent by meeting care goals and measuring those goals against patient
· Quality care assurance, following state and nursing guidelines and standards
· Work on a multidisciplinary team to discuss, assess and resolve patient problems, yet able to work independently
· Charting patient care in patient chart and department charts
· Documenting and communicating nursing care with next shift
· Ensure Patient confidentiality
· Maintain up-to-date nursing education, including knowledge of Internet resources for those with substance abuse
· Compliance with Department of Health, CARF and DEA Standards
· Patient care assessment: Monitor clients physical and psychological withdrawal from substances.
Required Education and Experience:
· Nursing degree from accredited program
· Undergraduate degree in nursing or related field preferred
Required Licensing or Certifications:
· Maintain active nursing license
Specialized Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
· 2 years’ prior addiction experience
· CPR Certification
· Knowledgeable in Nar can administration
INTEGRITY HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO
Job Type: Per Diem
Pay: $33.00 per hour
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $32.00 – $33.00 per hour