Since 1968, Integrity House has provided comprehensive and successful addiction treatment services for individuals with substance use disorders. In addition to being CARF accredited, Integrity House is recognized statewide as a treatment leader. The organization offers inpatient, outpatient and medication-assisted treatments, halfway houses, and sober living options, in combination with support services, to individuals with substance use and other co-occurring mental health diagnoses that get them on the path of sustainable recovery.
Integrity House is seeking a Special Events Associate who will be responsible for executing a minimum of three (3) fundraising events each year – the Golf Classic, the Newark Corporate and Individual 5K, and the Gala – to raise critical unrestricted resources for Integrity programs and services. This includes planning and logistics, securing sponsorships, donor cultivation, and stewardship activities. With direction from the Director of Development, the Special Events Associate will also organize awareness-building events that introduce individuals to Integrity, its mission and vision, and current programs and projects. The ideal candidate is curious, creative, and eager to explore new ideas and opportunities that result in greater awareness of and support for Integrity House.
This a part-time position. The typical work hours are 20 hours a week, Monday through Friday. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, however, you must be available during the core hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. You must also be willing to work extended days and evening hours, as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate all event-related fundraising initiatives, including logistics, sponsor solicitation, table and/or ticket sales, raffle sales, and in-kind contributions.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and External Affairs on event promotion, including collateral material design, production and distribution.
- Maintain all documentation related to expenses and revenue for Integrity events using GiftWorks donor database and other tools, and work with the Finance Department to reconcile revenue following events.
- Work with Development staff to maintain all information in the donor management database to ensure current and accurate entries.
- Participate collaboratively on Integrity House committees (i.e. the morale committee, PR and Development committee, etc.).
Job qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid driver’s license
- At least one (1) year of experience executing successful fundraising events.
- Experience/familiarity with the donor fundraising cycle – identification/prospecting, cultivation, and stewardship.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to produce compelling content for fundraising materials.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal/customer service skills.
- Understanding of human services/behavioral health organizations, substance use disorder treatment, and/or mental health.
- Familiarity with donor management databases.
- Experience with MS Office products. Familiarity with graphic design programs a plus.
Interested candidates may apply by sending a thoughtfully written cover letter, resume, and one (1) writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Special Events Associate’ in the email subject line.
INTEGRITY HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY