About the organization:
At Intel, Design Enablement (DE) is one of the key pillars enabling Intel to deliver winning products in the marketplace. Your work will directly enable design teams to get to market faster with leadership products on cutting-edge technologies.
As part of the Design Enablement/Process Design Kit (PDK) group, you will join a highly motivated team of talented engineers solving challenging technical problems enabling PDKs for Intel’s most advanced process technologies, and drive PDKs towards industry-standard methods and ease of use for the end customers.
About the job:
The job requires partnering and leveraging domain experts across various areas of Technology Development, Electronic Design Automation (EDA) vendors, and product design teams to develop and deliver high-quality technology collaterals, models, and enablement of EDA tools.
As a Component Design Intern, you’ll be responsible but not limited to the following:
- Familiar with analog/VLSI design and physical verification flows such as LVS, DRC
- Working knowledge of industry-standard extraction and simulation tools
- Fluent in scripting with Python, Skill or Perl/TCL and understand the specs that will be provided by senior engineers and code to the spec
- Applies advanced troubleshooting to automation system problems
- Drives continuous improvement efforts to meet automation systems health goals, as well as emerging capability needs
This is an internship and compensation will be given accordingly based on candidate education level and internship duration.
You should be eligible to work full time (40 hours per week) as an intern for 3 months.
You must possess the below requirements to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. The experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your schoolwork and/or classes and/or research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
Actively pursuing an MS/Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related engineering field.
3+ months knowledge/experience in the following areas:
- At least one of the following scripting languages: Python, Skill, TCL or Perl
- EDA tools for design, extraction, simulation
Understand the specs that will be provided by senior engineers and code to the spec