InterDigital develops fundamental wireless technologies that are at the core of mobile devices, networks, and services worldwide. We solve many of the industry’s most critical and complex technical challenges, providing solutions for more efficient broadband networks and a richer multimedia experience years ahead of market deployment. InterDigital has strategic relationships with many of the world’s leading wireless companies. Founded in 1972, InterDigital is listed on NASDAQ and is included in the S&P SmallCap 600 Index.
The intern will contribute to the development and validation of innovative solutions, algorithms, protocols and systems addressing the challenges of future wireless systems including heterogeneous network deployments in licensed and unlicensed spectrum, distributed connectivity, radio links at higher frequency ranges, ultra-reliable and low latency connectivity and support for new verticals for integrated applications.
The intern will contribute to the team:
- By carrying out physical layer and/or system-level design validation for 5G radio technologies and beyond – including evolution of 3GPP New Radio (NR), LTE-Advanced Pro and Narrow-Band IOT;
- Through evaluation, analysis and development of innovative solutions for control and transfer of user data at L1/PHY, L2/MAC and L3/RRC protocol layers;
- B.Eng., M.S.; or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering (or similar / equivalent)
- Experience in the field of wireless communications
- Experience in link level (L1/PHY) and/or system level (L1/PHY, L2/MAC) simulations and proficiency with MATLAB is required
- Experience and/or knowledge of 3GPP Standards is desirable
- Experience with GitHub/GitLab, ns-3, C/C++ and Python is desirable
Location: Montreal, QC; or Manhattan, NY
InterDigital is an equal employment opportunity employer. InterDigital will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination with regard to any employment decision, policy or practice based on a person’s sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, assignments, evaluations, coaching, promotion, discipline, discharge and layoff.