InterDigital develops mobile and video technologies that are at the core of devices, networks, and services worldwide. We solve many of the industry’s most critical and complex technical challenges, inventing solutions for more efficient broadband networks, better video delivery, and richer multimedia experiences years ahead of market deployment. InterDigital has licenses and strategic relationships with many of the world’s leading technology companies. Founded in 1972, InterDigital is listed on NASDAQ and is included in the S&P MidCap 400® index.
InterDigital is looking for self-motivated students to work closely with their scientists/engineers on machine vision tasks. The prospective candidates are expected to conduct original research on critical technologies towards AR/VR, autonomous driving, robotic navigation, etc. Scientific publications would be encouraged. The duration of the internship may vary between 3-6 months. Ph.D. students with a strong background in signal processing and/or machine learning are highly encouraged to apply.
As a popular data format for AR/VR, culture heritage and modeling, mapping, and navigation systems, point clouds face challenges in real-time processing, scale of data amount, as well as its sparsity and irregularity. It is an exciting research area to understand the 3D world especially via point clouds acquired by LiDAR sensors.
Together with the excellent research team at InterDigital, the research work during internship would potentially have both academic and industrial impacts in point cloud learning / processing.
- Research background in machine learning, deep learning, or computer vision would be highly appreciated.
- Research background in signal processing, image processing, graph based data analysis would be appreciated.
- Experiences in one of the fields would be a great plus: variational autoencoder, flow prediction, optimal transport.
- Experiences in point cloud processing/compression, especially on large scale point clouds.
- Python/C++ programming, familiar with prevailing learning frameworks, e.g., TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Ability to wrap up technical reports and/or to prepare draft manuscripts for publications.
- Capable of independent research while being a great team player.
Keywords: point cloud processing, computer vision, image processing, machine learning, deep learning, neural network
InterDigital is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, immigrant status, military status, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and/or expression), pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, atypical heredity cellular or blood trait, marital status, family status, domestic partner or civil union status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, assignments, evaluations, coaching, promotion, discipline, discharge and layoff