ICCR is seeking candidates for an internship on health equity. The Intern will assist the Program Director – Health Equity with research to support the rollout of the 2021 shareholder strategy and inform the 2022 strategy to engage: (1) the pharmaceutical sector on measures that ensure long-term value creation for all stakeholders and increase access to affordable medicine; and (2) the food sector on changing practices that contribute to health inequities.
- Conducting research on key issues and companies to inform engagements with target companies
- Drafting issue briefs and backgrounders, company profiles, and investor statements
- Developing tools to ensure consistency in member engagement across companies
- Participating in dialogues and meetings
- The internship period is scheduled to run from June through August 2021, and will be remote. The internship includes a stipend of $2,500 and applicants should be able to commit to 20-25 hours per week on average, with flexibility.
Benefits for Intern
The intern will learn about the work of corporate engagement from seasoned practitioners, and about how companies are addressing sustainability issues and the regulatory environment and its impact on sustainability. The intern will also learn how investors leverage their relationship with companies to impart positive change.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from, a graduate degree program – MPH students preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of public health; additional familiarity with corporate social responsibility is preferred.
- Excellent research skills with the ability to organize & synthesize information effectively.
- Ability to take direction as well as work & think independently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (Windows environment: Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Please send a resume and cover letter together in one PDF file to: Esaba Hoque, Program Associate firstname.lastname@example.org