*** All documents should be sent together in one PDF document to: Esaba Hoque, Program Associate, email@example.com.
Applications will not be considered if they are not sent via email.
The Investor Alliance is seeking candidates for an internship on human rights in investment activities. The Intern will assist the Program Director on a range of human rights issues by completing research and analysis, assisting in corporate dialogues and communications, and providing support to the Investor Alliance team. Tasks may include:
• Conducting research on key issues and companies to inform engagements with target companies.
• Managing and coordinating investor – company engagement campaigns, including developing guidance to support engagements.
• Drafting issue briefs and backgrounders, company profiles, and investor statements.
• Developing tools to ensure consistency in member engagement across companies.
• Participating in dialogues and meetings.
The internship period is scheduled to run for twelve weeks (10-15 hours per week), from January through April (with the possibility of extension). The internship includes a stipend of $2,000 and will be virtual.
Benefits for Intern
The intern will make a tremendous contribution to important work of an organization that is centered on the respect of the fundamental rights of people as impacted by financial actors and businesses. The intern will learn the importance of shareholder responsibility under international legal frameworks and standards, including the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. Where possible, the Interns will be given the opportunity to engage with ICCR program staff (such as attending program/staff meetings and conference calls with members) to gain a better understanding of the issues and the field of business and human rights.
• Applicants must be an undergraduate Junior or Senior, or currently enrolled in/recently graduated from a graduate degree program.
• Experience with, knowledge of, and/or passion for business and human rights is preferred.
• Must be self-motivated, and able to work independently.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Intern should be organized, methodical, and possess strong time management skills.
• Computer and software knowledge – proficient in Microsoft Word (experience with Microsoft Excel and Google Workspace is a plus).
Your application should include:
• A cover letter identifying your qualifications
• A resume
All documents should be sent together in one PDF document to: Esaba Hoque, Program Associate firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Investor Alliance for Human Rights
The Investor Alliance for Human Rights is a diverse coalition of over 200 institutional investor members, from five continents and 19 countries, with assets under management of over $6 trillion. The Investor Alliance provides investors with a platform to embrace their responsibility to respect human rights by increasing their leverage and capacity to press companies to respect human rights throughout their value chains and remedy adverse impacts when they occur. The Investor Alliance also engages with governments, multi-lateral organizations, and standard-setting bodies to create enabling environments for responsible business conduct. The work of the Investor Alliance is cross sectoral with an emphasis on technology and human rights and promotes the corporate responsibility to respect human rights in business operations and relationships.
The Investor Alliance is an initiative of the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR), a pioneer coalition of over 300 active investors representing faith-based communities, socially responsible asset managers, labor unions, and others who leverage their investments as a catalyst for social change.