WHAT IS THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGYDIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas:
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Assists higher level specialist conduct portions of Business Performance Reviews.
- Assists in evaluating policy needs.
- Assists higher grade specialists to develop portions of IT budgets.
- Participates in the IT capital planning process and assists higher level specialists to manage IT investment portfolios.
- Assists in monitoring IT spending and performance measures.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen (Form FS-240))
- Undergo a review of prior performance/conduct and an income tax verification. Refer to “Get Your Tax Record” at http://www.irs.gov/(https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript) to check the status of your account, balance owed, payment history, make a payment, or review answers to tax questions. If you are not in compliance, you will be determined unsuitable for employment with IRS.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S. These documents must be unexpired original or certified copies.
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
BASIC REQUIREMENTS GS-5 AND All GRADES:
Experience must include Information Technology (IT) related experience that demonstrates each of the following four competencies: 1) Attention to Detail, 2) Customer Service, 3) Oral Communication and 4) Problem Solving.
GS-5 LEVEL: To be eligible for this position at this grade level, you must meet one of the following requirements.
EXPERIENCE: One year IT-related experience which was at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-4 grade level in the Federal service. IT related experience for this position includes: Basic knowledge of IT processing functions to understand the stages to automate a work process. Experience must have also included work with clients and customers to assess and/or address their needs and provide information or assistance relative to the products or services; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and identify and resolve problems, determine relevant information, demonstrate using sound judgment, and making recommendations. Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems.
EDUCATION: A bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree at an accredited college or university in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management OR bachelor’s degree in one or more of the fields identified above that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of experience and education at an accredited college or university equivalent to 4 years. You may combine the college credits you completed with any qualifying experience you have to total the equivalent of a four-year college education.
For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM’s Qualifications Standards.
For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click here for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.
- Subject to a 1-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
- The salary range indicated in this announcement reflects the minimum locality pay up to maximum locality pay for all duty locations listed. The range will be adjusted for selected duty location. General Schedule locality pay tables may be found under Salaries & Wages.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- Tour of Duty: Day Shift; start and stop times between 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
- Relocation expenses – No
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
If the position(s) are no longer needed prior to the closing date, this announcement may be closed early.
This is an open continuous announcement which will be used to fill vacancies in the locations listed as they become available for the next 12 months contingent upon funding and space requirements. Applicants must apply and/or update their applications by 11:59 pm ET at the close of the following cutoff dates to be considered: Cutoff date(s): March 09, 2023; June 09, 2023; September 11, 2023; and December 11, 2023; This announcement may be amended to include additional cut-off dates within the 12-month period if needed, not later than 10 days prior to the additional cut-off date(s). Eligible applicants in the highest quality group who apply by the initial cut-off date will be considered first. If additional vacancies exist, applicants who applied after the initial cutoff date who place in the highest quality group will be considered next. Selections from this announcement may be made no later than (NLT) March 11, 2024.