Business Development Intern
International Development Group LLC (IDG) assists donors, governments, and the private sector to achieve sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction that makes a real and measurable impact for communities and countries around the globe. We achieve these goals through capacity building of individuals and institutions in the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors, fostering synergies between local knowledge and international experience.
IDG is recruiting a Business Development (BD) Intern for December 2021-May 2022. This is a paid internship. The successful candidate must be able to commit to at least 15-20 hours per week. IDG’s internship program is open to currently enrolled students in undergraduate and graduate programs. Individuals who have already graduated are also eligible.
The BD Intern plays a critical role in supporting IDG’s opportunity monitoring, capture, proposal, and BD knowledge management efforts. The BD Intern will also support IDG project management initiatives as appropriate. The BD Intern will demonstrate ability and ease with multi-tasking in a deadline-driven, high-demand proposal environment. Additionally, the BD Intern must be an effective communicator who feels comfortable taking direction and guidance from IDG’s Business Development Leadership, as well as working independently with limited oversight. Excellent research, writing, editing, document formatting, as well as demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills, are a must. The BD Intern should be self-motivated, resourceful, organized, solution oriented, and passionate about contributing to global development and economic growth initiatives.
The BD Intern will directly report to IDG’s Business Development Manager.
Location : Arlington, VA / Remote
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Conducts thorough review and analysis of USAID/other donor solicitation documents.
- Performs market research across a range of technical and geographic areas and gleans relevant competitive intelligence through active monitoring of international development news sources/events to support the identification and pursuit of new business.
- Conducts country and client research and due diligence as assigned.
- Formats and edits candidate CVs, graphics, charts, and proposal annexes.
- Prepares tailored drafts for templates such as sub-contractor letters of commitment (LoCs) and checklists.
- Prepares STTA matrix and supports ongoing recruitment monitoring and analysis to ensure that goals are met, and to flag potential gaps across personnel selection criteria.
- Archives all BD documents in the appropriate SharePoint folders.
- Prepares draft biographies for proposed bid personnel.
- Proof-reads personnel bios, past performance references, and other technical proposal narratives as appropriately assigned.
- Edits and formats internal and external communications, including proposals and project reports.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned to support capture planning, BD operations and proposal management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, International Development, Social Sciences, or relevant field of study; Master’s degree a plus.
- At least 1-year previous internship/professional experience in a similar support role highly desired.
- Strong writing skills, including demonstrated capabilities in drafting bios, capabilities statements, and past performance narratives.
- Strong research and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong formatting skills with demonstrated capabilities to format large proposals
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task when managing multiple competing priorities on tight deadlines.
- Ability to quickly adjust to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Skilled in knowledge management and systems-thinking.
- Demonstrated analytical, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to work collaboratively among team members across the organizations.
- Strong business acumen; dedicated and eager for professional development.
- Computer software expertise in Microsoft Office products and demonstrable adeptness of
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience working with the Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Fluency in French, Spanish or Arabic a plus.
**IDG has issued policies essential for the safety and well-being of all staff, including requirements for all employees to be appropriately vaccinated or to have an approved exception/exemption on file. New employees will be asked to provide validation of full compliance of IDG’s vaccination policies.
Applicants must have US citizenship or an authorization to work in the U.S. IDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.