Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the core values in their day-to-day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence– We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom– We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency– We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Level I Support Specialist will assist with current projects and the overall mission of the IT department of providing superior IT support to IRI staff in the DC office and offices abroad.
· Must be able to commute within the Washington, DC metropolitan area at least part-time.
· Minimum of one (1) year relevant work experience in support services.
· Advanced technical support experience including but not limited to the following areas:
o Microsoft 365 including Exchange, SharePoint, and Azure Active Directory
o On-premises domain environment including Active Directory
o Microsoft Office applications (desktop and web) including Microsoft Teams
o PC equipment including laptop and desktop hardware
o Mobile devices including iPhone and Android
o Device management for computers and mobile devices (preferably Intune)
o Endpoint security including antivirus, malware, and software firewalls
o Basic network configuration including NAT, firewalls, cabling, and wireless (Wi-Fi)
· Strong focus on exemplary customer service and user satisfaction.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for user correspondence and support documentation to be used internally and externally.
· Organizational and multitasking abilities for working in a fast-paced, team-driven environment
· Critical thinking and adaptability, understanding team dynamics within the department.
· Ability to identify the underlying cause or process behind a ticket prior to escalation or resolution.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
· Provides in-person, phone, and email/ticket-based support to 300 end users in headquarters or remote, and 350 end users in 35 international offices.
· Acts as initial point of contact for all computer and system-related concerns from end users.
· Escalates issues requiring additional access or manager involvement through appropriate support channels when required.
· Distributes tickets and divides workload among support staff based on knowledge and availability.
· Troubleshooting, triage, and resolution of service requests in-person or virtually, over the phone or via remote access utilities.
· Fields, responds to, and documents support cases in the helpdesk ticketing system.
· Creates, revises, and updates support documentation and knowledge base articles for internal IT technician use as well as end user reference.
· Produces training materials for end users via documentation, screen capture, or video-recorded media.
· Responsible for inventory control, procurement, distribution, and tracking of assigned and loaner equipment including computers and phones.
· Identifies standards to be implemented in both policy and procedure, as well as equipment and configurations for all IRI-purchased, leased, or otherwise responsible equipment.
· Performs basic software installation, updates, and management.
· Comprehensive understanding of use and licensing requirements for specialty software installations.
· Maintains vendor relationships for purposes of procurement and support.
· Other duties as assigned.