Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day to day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence– We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom– We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy, and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion, and the power of global collaboration. Transparency– We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Program Associate is the entry level position for program work at IRI and provides administrative and programmatic support for current and developing programs in Eurasia.
- Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations, or related field.
- 0-1 years of experience in international development or related field.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills.
- International experience preferred.
- Experience and/or interest in Eurasia and especially Central Asia preferred.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Tracks and follows-up on pending procurement requests, approvals and monitoring once approved, including processing payments;
- Compiles and facilitates submission of contract packages;
- Assists in monitoring project spending and projecting costs;
- Assists in drafting quarterly, semi-annual, final, and other relevant reports for funders;
- Edits and summarizes weekly reports for internal and funder audiences;
- Updates program databases, contract and procurement trackers, etc.;
- Maintains project site and document folders;
- Provides logistical support for DC meetings and events for Central Asia;
- Assists with program monitoring and evaluation (M&E), including participating in regular M&E calls, tracking compliance with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan, and identifying where adjustments need to be made;
- Participates in program design and strategy brainstorming sessions;
- Participates in business development, such as in writing proposal portions and drafting budgets;
- Supports IRI’s communication strategy including IRI’s branding and outreach plans on projects assigned, including drafts and updates program summaries and other outreach materials, drafts web stories, tweets, etc.;
- Participates in cross functional teams and initiatives (optional);
- Performs other duties as assigned